Online Resources for Constructing Entries
GeneralSearch using the Latin name with the Google search engine below.
- Classification of Some of the Plants of Australia: A Brief Introduction. Notes by Dr. Elizabeth Newell
- The Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research Australian Plant Images. Their Photo CD collection is very extensive and well-indexed, with additional Digital Camera images.
- See Coasts and Dunes in Southeastern Queensland, in particular the link there on Beach Conservation to find Descriptions of Major Coastal Sand Dune Plants.
- The Association of Societies for Growing Australian Plants has a web site with both images and descriptions.
- This Lamington National Park site features a link to the Plants of Lamington National Park.
- Try these pages hosted by the Palm and Cycad Societies of Australia for information on palms and cycads. You may have to search a bit to find the particular species here.
FishYou will be looking for information at the family level rather than the species level.
- For starters, try FishBase using the pull-down menu for Information by Family. Click on the Family Information button to get very basic information. Use the Species button. The Pictures can be used to get a list of species (with location) and an accompanying photo. (If you use a photo from this site, look for examples from Lady Elliot Island which we will visit. Other locations near Lady Elliot include Heron Island, Wistari Reef, One Tree Island, Lzard Island. It may take awhile for an entire list of photos to load.
Reptiles and Amphibians